I am still single: Sonal Chauhan

I am still single: Sonal ChauhanOn Sunday, Neil Nitin Mukesh declared that he is in love with Sonal Chauhan and also wishes to marry her. Once the interview was out, Sonal was flooded with calls asking for her side of the story.

Despite Neil's declaration, Sonal says she isn't in any committed relationship. Excerpts from an interview with the actor:

We have heard Neil Nitin Mukesh's side of the story. What's your take on his comments?
Neil is fantastic human being and a good friend of mine. Fact is, four months is too short a period for me to get into a committed relationship.

What's "3G" all about?
3G is a supernatural thriller. We are almost done with the shooting of the movie. Only 10 days of shooting is left in Mumbai. We just returned from our 45-day shooting schedule in Fiji. I am eagerly waiting for the director to come up with the edited version of the movie.

While shooting for an underwater sequence of your movie in Fiji, you and Neil had a scary experience with snakes in the middle of the sea...
The experience was fine till we were told that the snakes were poisonous. We were initially briefed that the snakes were non-poisonous and so, were pretty relaxed. But once we came out of the water, we were told the truth. That was scary.

We have seen you in a couple of Bollywood movies and some down South. Up until now, how much have you explored yourself as an actor?
Every time I do a movie, I explore something new about myself. I experience new emotions through my movies and characters. I choose my movies on the basis of characters I can relate to. Even when I go and watch movies, I try to figure out how well I can relate to the characters.

What kind of roles do you fancy?
As an actor, one should be versatile and I am open to all sorts of roles. I'd love to play characters with grey shades. That's how an actor explores herself. It is a challenge to be able to portray what nobody else has imagined about me.

Any specific role you wish to relive in reel life?
There are lots of them but my favourite is "Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge" If such a movie is ever remade, I would love to relive the character of Simran ( Kajol) on the silver screen.

How do you see yourself down 20 years hence?
My career has just taken off and I feel I am still a struggler. I have to achieve a lot more in life. I might keep myself engaged in movies or even join politics. Politics in India needs the involvement of youngsters.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "I am still single: Sonal Chauhan"